Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Weekly Round-Up for January 12, 2012

After a holiday hiatus, it is back to work for the Weekly Round-Up at the John 13:34 Blog. While we are not yet in top form due to many new activities and events taking place in my life, I will try my best to bring my readers what I consider to be the best in essays, editorials, music, spirituality and religion. Away we go for 2013...

A New Year by Jim Wallis

Can Forgiveness Play a Role in Criminal Justice (NY Times)

Rob Bell's Search for a More Forgiving Church (The New Yorker)

Grace Amid Suffering (Faith & Leadership)

The Spiritual But Not Religious Most Likely To Face Mental Issues, Drug Use, Study Finds (CNN)

Does Listening to Mozart Boost Your Brain Power? (BBC)

Losing My Religion for Equality (President Jimmy Carter)

Thirteen Issues for Churches in 2013, Issues 1-6 (Thom Rainer)

Three Habits of Great Creative Teams (Keith Yamashita)

"Nones" More or Less (Sharon Ely Pearson)

Meet Gorgeous George, The Holy Pontiff's Live In Partner (Counter Punch)

New Churches Focus on Building A Community Life (NY Times)

What All Teachers Should Learn from Jazz-Band Teachers (Psychology Today)

That should keep you, my dear reader, busy for a few hours! Have a blessed day.

Love One Another - Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment