Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Day of Pentecost - The Sunday Musical Offering - Come Down O Love Divine

Today is an important Sabbath day for Christians around the globe as it is the Feast of Pentecost. I encourage you to attend services at your local congregation or visit another community and experience something new.

Come Down O Love Divine is a hymn that I have cherished since I was a little boy. This particular version is performed by the world renowned choir of King's College, Cambridge, England and led by director of music Stephen Cleobury. The second stanza is particularly interesting as the male only first half breaks into a full choir fortissimo harmony for the second half.


Love One Another - Brian

2 comments:

  1. My kids are singing this today! :D We've had a lot of fun learning it!
    -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny - that hymn was going through my head leading up to Pentecost. The descant we used to sing with it had become a part of the fabric of my being...and one the young choristers sang from memory year after year.

    ReplyDelete