Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lent 2 - Tuesday - MANKIND IS NO ISLAND

A dear friend of mine sent me this video over the weekend after we had been in conversation about ministries of justice and compassion and making a difference here in Northeast Ohio. This video was taken entirely on a cell phone(!) and was a winner in 2008 at the Tropfest in New York City. The short three minute film is additional commentary to what I was writing about yesterday in a vision for the future Church.


Love One Another - Brian

1 comment:

  1. Who has given to one of the "beggars" at Acme drive?
    If one is standing in so prominent a place, they must need help. EVEN IF IT WERE A ROUSE, I feel I must stop to help. For years a man in NY, near Rockefeller Plaza, hit the garbage cans. He would not accept charity, money or food. I'd buy a great sandwich, take a bite, discarded it, walk away. A young schizphrenic man use to meet me at St. John's near the West Side Market, he could never get himself there for the handout day. Not everyone can get to a shelter or food kitchen. If we are of God it is our responsibility to help

    ReplyDelete